6 Important Things To Do If You Want To Gain Weight

The first thing is to plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Most people do not stick by their regime or workout and that is the reason why there is such a huge problem in failure to accomplish the things we set ourselves out to do. Believe me, it is not easy but if you do it daily, it becomes totally natural. The things to plan are your diet, your workout, and your sleep. Let me share the next tip, which happens to be diet.

If you want to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you use. There are two ways around this problem. First, you could stuff your face for the next 3-4 months, eating all the junk food you want and risk getting a heart attack or its cousin, indigestion. My advice from 2 years of healthy weight gain is to break it all down into 6 equal meal sizes. I know this may vary from other trainers, who say that 3 meals and 3 snacks will do, but the 3 snacks are not going to help you much, especially if you have a high metabolic rate like I do, thus making the calories you consume disappear after you consume it. One of my secret foods is to drink milk 1-2 times a day as a meal so that I will get the required calories I need, plus the protein to repair the muscles which will produce healthy weight gain.

The 3rd tip is to consume healthy carbohydrates. This includes potatoes, whole wheat bread, rice and pasta. This may look a lot like a western dinner, but it is actually not. The idea is to consume most of the carbohydrates listed in a fashion where it takes up 40-50% of your physical plate. This will provide you with the energy you need in order to work out at the gym and also help prevent you from losing weight due to your high metabolism. The idea of why you only require 40-50% is because you need to provide just 500 calories more than what you need each day. Providing too many carbohydrates will produce a state where you will grow fat rather than gain weight healthily.

The next thing to do is to choose your protein correctly. The main idea is to focus on consuming 20-30% of your calories from protein alone. In short, this means consuming around 1.5g/kg of your current weight, not what you intend to weigh. This will provide enough nutrients to cause you to repair the muscles, putting on denser and healthier weight rather than fat.

Speaking of fat, that is the 5th thing I'm going to touch upon. Fat is shunned by many and is often blamed for unhealthy weight gain. However, if you have little to no fat in your body, you will be extremely prone to falling sick like me, visiting the doctors around 12-20 times in a year. The purpose of fat is to carry vital vitamins to all parts of your body so it is therefore important to take note exactly what kind of fat to consume.

The 6th thing to take note of now is rest. Without it, you will not grow, period. I have tried to tweak around this factor many times and have failed miserably, losing up to 1 to 2 kilograms in a day due to my late night lifestyle. It is important because it will ensure your immune system is up and running, repairing your muscles in the night, and also helping you recover your energy so you can push harder in the gym.

Having the above tips are vital as they form the foundation to gain weight healthily. I have experimented with a lot of workout regimens to get the growth I need but I found the workout at http://gohforth.com to be the best I have used so far. I have also passed it to my clients in the commercial gym I'm working in and they have also benefited from it.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daniel_E_Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment